What to put on your toast at breakfast? Some easy and fast toppings are:
- Butter – the simple classic melts beautifully on your freshly popped toast
- Jam, jelly or preserves – there is a huge variety. Think: strawberry, peach, blackberry, grape, and more. I like Smuckers, but you can find a variety of other options in the store at all price points.
- Peanut butter – to add in some protein, peanut butter on warm toast is a surprisingly great way to start the day
- Cream cheese – a little bit decadent, but with more protein that butter or jelly. Cream cheese is a wonderful treat on your toast when you need a little pampering
- Garlic bread mimic – spread your toast with a little butter and sprinkle lightly with garlic powder and oregano. A great alternative to garlic bread. I’ve even used it as an emergency extra side item when we have a surprise extra guest for lunch or dinner. At breakfast on your toast it’s equally tasty, but beware of garlic breath: brush extra before leaving home.
Enjoy! Here at Flip Fall we believe mornings shouldn’t be difficult; and breakfast should be fast and easy. Get some other quick breakfast ideas from us here.